Friday, February 12, 2010

White Stuff

Snow. I live in Maryland. We get a good two-foot snow once every seven-to-ten years. That's the rule. It's only February 12th, and we've had a two, a two-and-a half and a one-and-a-half. Not funny. It's fun and a challenge to shoot, but I'm a tropical guy, so my patience is limited. But you snow-lovers out there - enjoy the few good shots I have. Above is the January storm of 1996, Frederick, MD.

Sad, Cold Lantern - Germantown, MD - 2/14/07.

Westbound Q139 at Washington Grove, MD on 1/27/09.

Tankers In The Snow - Washington Grove, MD - 1/27/09.

Foo Dog Not Amused - Germantown, MD - 12/19/09.

Foo Dog Even Less Amused - Germantown, MD - 2/6/10. (by the way - this little guy is under a porch roof - these storms were beyond ridiculous)

Okay, kind of a throwaway shot, but that's close to three feet of snow on my shed. DC Metro simply does NOT get snow like this. 2/6/10.

Snowy Window - Germantown, MD - 2/10/10.

Storm Door Snowed Shut - Germantown, MD - 2/10/10.

Our new lamp post, installed days before the 2/6/10 blizzard. I'll bet it's none too amused, either.

Okay. There. I got through it. On to warmer topics soon. Stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. Love the tankers in the snow. The unamused foo dogs are...amusing...
    (Mary)

    ReplyDelete