Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Future And Past Reflections

Good news! I finished scanning my negatives today. (I started scanning in April, 2009) So - I have oodles of material ready to go. However, I'm also exhausted and this stuff isn't organized yet, so let's pause to reflect. Some of these shots, like the 1997 West Virginia Cave pictured above, are old. I've added a couple of new ones as a little preview of upcoming posts.

This one may have more of a glare than a reflection, but whatever. The cat is reflecting. 1992 photo.

Back to West Virginia for a glassy stream - 1997.

Things to do with cameras when it's cold outside and the trains won't come. Gaithersburg, MD - 1992.

Sauks Covered Bridge and its upside-down twin in the water - Gettysburg, PA - 2002.

[Maris] and I drove the Florida Keys again in 2001 and 2002 (wait til you see the pelicans!), and took our time looking for photo opportunities. This 2002 shot is on the Gulf/Back Country side of the Lower Keys.

Pond and dead-fall on US Rt. 17 in Virginia's Northern Neck - 1999.

Okay - this is the last time I'll post these dead trees and their reflection - I promise! This is from the next major photo excursion on the list - Maine - in 2004.

Here, the waters of Maine's Frenchman Bay are too busy reflecting sunlight to be bothered with reflecting the image of Egg Rock Lighthouse in 2004. It's just as well - with the 500mm mirror lens, I wasn't going to much of a shot of the lighthouse itself, anyway.

Lots more to come. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment: