Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Paradise 101: The Virgin Islands (Part Two)

I returned to the Virgin Islands for a few days as 1994 turned to 1995, to witness the inauguration of my friend's dad as Governor of the USVI. You won't find any photos of the actual event here, because photographing people is really not my thing - plus, I don't have releases from anyone in any of those shots. We had limited time for shooting, but I was getting a little better at it by the end of '94. The banner above was taken as our plane departed St. Thomas, but you don't know that, so let's say it's a shot of our approach to paradise.

Morningstar Beach, St. Thomas. (drool...)

Two shots from Bluebeard's Castle, St. Thomas. Pirate cannons and naked statues - does a hilltop tropical hotel need more? I submit that it does NOT!

Trunk Bay, St. John. Perfection...
Trunk Bay, St. John. Five minutes later. Another 15 minutes and the rain would be gone.

Charlotte Amalie Harbor, St. Thomas. How will I choose?

Sunset from Bluebeard's. Can't have a tropical post without a sunset photo. It's the law. Federal law, I think.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

One more set of Virgin Islands pics should pretty much wrap up that subject for a while. BUT FIRST - I hear some more trains coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment