Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Life Less Ordinary

The Dolles sign following the 1998 NorEaster in Rehoboth Beach, DE. Not the first time a storm absconded with that "D" - and certainly not the last.

"Bart's End." I shot this sad scene next to the railroad tracks at Point of Rocks, MD on a whim in 1996 and promptly forgot about it. Looking at it now, I think it has far more to say than a lot of my photos. Symbolism 101: What does it MEAN? Discuss.

It's wall-to-wall pandamonium at the National Zoo, ladies and gentlemen! (2008 photo)

Chickens in the street! It's not quite the composition I had wanted, as I only had a few seconds, but I love that there are wild chickens in Key West, sharing Greene Street with locals, tourists and the occasional Hemingway cat. (2000)

Who needs opposable thumbs? Here, my old pet corn snake, Bubba, has pushed his shoebox lid "house" over his water dish and (mostly) hidden beneath it, awaiting mice from the sky. Frederick, MD - 1995.

Retro McDonald's sign, found on US Rt. 1 near Jupiter Island, FL in 1999.

Molly the cat would sit in literally anything. Rockville, MD - 1996.

More symbolism: A school bus stop along US Rt. 50 in The Middle of Nowhere, WV in 1997. "Mama says we don't need to know nuthin' 'bout no book-learnin' - now get off the property!"

Seeya!

No comments:

Post a Comment