Monday, September 7, 2009

Weirdness and Miscellany

While I go about the ugly business of attempting to decide where to go next, subject-wise, please enjoy this little collection of photographic whimsy. I'm nothing if not . . . random. Above: Jolt Cola Cans - Rockville, MD - 1987. Jolt was among my very best friends, that year.

Jack-O-Lanterns - Rockville, MD - 1991. Guess which one is mine.

Sand, Water, Light - near Indian River Inlet, DE - 1992

Nor'easter Damage - Rehoboth Beach, DE - 1992

My first nephew rearranging my tape collection in 1991. He's putting a Simple Minds tape under "Q." He's gotten much better at his alphabet, since then.

Statue at St. Mary's - White Chapel, VA - 1999

Is that a castle, you ask? In Berkeley Springs, WV? In 1996? Yes. Yes, it is!

Dancers at the resort hotel in the middle of nowhere - Dominica - 1993. I had slow film, no tripod or flash, low light and fast action, but I fired away, just for fun. This is about a quarter-second exposure, and it ends up saying what it needs to say just fine, IMHO. Note the "Cheers" dart board in the background. Can't get TOO far from home, can we?

Rear View - Gaithersburg, MD - 1992. Neat!

Airman Autographing Kid's Shirt at the Desert Storm Victory Celebration in Washington, DC in 1991. 'Nuff said.

MORE TO COME! Seeya!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Jolt cans, and I'll bet the frowning pumpkin is yours.

    And yes, I THINK Matthew could locate Si in the alphabet now. I am enjoying all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - the frowning pumpkin is mine. Very good!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete