Thursday, June 10, 2010

More Feathered Friends And Even Some Egrets

When it comes to winged critters, I'm not just about pelicans. Here's a sampling of some of the more interesting birds I've managed to capture on film, including a bunch of Florida's egrets. The snowy egret above is out for an early morning stroll on the beach in Naples, FL in 1999.

I cropped this to death to get rid of as much of the #$%& light leak as I could. The bird is a cormorant, and I like to pretend the "submerged cable" sign actually says "no cormorants." This is also Naples, FL - 1999.

I know the shot isn't great, but it's the only one I have of the extremely cool frigatebird. Key West, FL - 2000.

Ostriches! Tennessee or southwestern Virginia, I think - 1998.

Emu!?! South-central PA - 1998.

Tiny black bird atop Florida East Coast Railway signal - St. Augustine, FL - 1999.

Some kind of egret - St. Augustine, FL - 1999.

"I'm taller." "No, I'm taller!" Snowy egrets at Fort De Soto Park - St. Petersburg, FL - 1999.

"I just got settled. Don't make me fly away. This is my favorite post." Snowy egret - Naples, FL - 1999.

Snowy egrets in flight over St. Augustine, FL - 1999. Had no idea egrets flew in "V" formations, just like Canada geese. Cool.

Thanks for taking a look. Back soon with more stuff...

2 comments:

  1. Love the ostriches! They're such goofy looking birds - you gotta love 'em! My favorite is the 'I'm taller, no *I'm* taller...'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tom! I had hoped for more shots of the Ostriches, but they were really aggressive about their territory, which apparently extended like 20 yards beyond the fence. They seemed agitated, so we snapped a couple of quick shots in the rain and took off. Imposing creatures.

    ReplyDelete