Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dear Santa - White Sky Poo Was NOT On Our List

Dear Santa - Hi. How are you? How is Mrs. Claus? I hope you are recovering from your trans-global trek to places where people believe in Jesus and you. Thank you for being so jolly, and for all the presents. I especially wanted to thank you for the snow that fell on us down in the Northern Neck of Virginia on Christmas and today. It was white and clingy. When I went out to shoot this picture of the rowboat and pier, I thought it was nice that it was snowing on Christmas.

This morning, on the other hand, I began to wonder about your mood. I mean, Four & Twenty Blackbirds would have been cool, but Four & THIRTY-SEVEN seems a bit much.

But then you gave us cardinals - even a camouflaged girl one, and a hiding one - so we thought "Yay, Santa's still the bestest!"

And the Pier and frozen creek - nice touch, Father Christmas!

It was also pretty cool of you to make sure no one suggested eating outside, this time.

The tree was nice, too. So clever of you to put all the most enticing and breakable ornaments above the Toddler Line, too.

I liked this cardinal the best. I named him Chet.

These two cardinals were feisty. You bring the coolest stuff, St. Nick!

But seriously - enough with the snow. Look how cold those birds are!

And thanks for our own little house, back in the land of Not-A-Flake-Of-Snow. Sorry we forgot to leave you any eggnog- I mean, milk and cookies. Hope you found our tree up to snuff. Maybe someday we'll get a chimney for you to come down. Just please - no more white sky poo when we're trying to drive. Thanks dude. You rock!

Love, Joe and [Maris]

No comments:

Post a Comment