Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hay - We've Got Barns!

While we didn't exactly have "barn years," we did manage to grab the occasional shot of some of those we happened upon as we crisscrossed the region getting lost and looking for covered bridges and trains. Here are some of the better results. Above, [Maris] did actually bring us back to this freshly-painted beauty near Sandy Hook, MD several times in 1999, so she could shoot it in just the right light. Totally worth it.

Near Hyndman, PA in 1999.

Another [Maris] photo - "Mama Barn and Baby Barn" - near Dickerson, MD in 1999. Storm clouds behind tin roofs = perfection.

Somewhere in Virginia - 1999.

Bird's Eye View - Somerset County, PA - 1999.

U.S. Route 15 - near Marshall, VA (I think) - 1999.

Eastern PA - Curse you, wires! - 2001 [Maris]'s shot.

Again, somewhere in northwestern Virginia in 1999.

Okay - I've posted these final two frames before, but they have barns in them! Also, I have re-scanned using the negatives, so they're a little cleaner. This is "Another Planet's Barn - West Virginia" - 1997.

And this joint effort between [Maris] and myself is "Barn and Tree" near Snowshoe, WV - 1997.

Thanks again for looking. More to come!

3 comments:

  1. Damn, Joe - I love these! I've wanted to do a barn photo series here in the midwest but don't have a nice enough camera to capture their essence like you do here. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use Flickr? I'd love to see more of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy! These were all shot with my old 35mm cameras, then scanned from the negatives. I've hardly picked up a camera in almost two years, and I REALLY need to get back to it.

      Not on flickr - at least, not yet. Most of my better stuff is on this blog, though. It goes more or less chronologically, with the most recent work at the top.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete