Thursday, July 23, 2009

Closer To Home

Okay gang. Short and sweet. Here are a few more images of the places I've called home. Leading off is a time-lapse shot of Rockville Pike in front of Wintergreen Plaza in Rockville, MD from December 1992.

Front porch view - Christmas, 1989.

Two feet of snow - very rare in Rockville! February 1983.

Also rare - this aerial view of our house (the one with the tan roof), courtesy of my friend the pilot - 1986.

Long nighttime B&W of the old jungle gym at Rock Creek Valley Elementary School - Rockville, MD - 1987. Nearly froze my feet right off, walking around the neighborhood in the snow half the night!

Here's what my alma mater Rockville High School looked like from the air in December of 1986. It has since been renovated so extensively that almost nothing from the structure above survives, except for the theater building at the far left. You really can't go back, I guess. Not that I'd want to, but still. Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Um, self-portrait. Germantown, MD - 1995.

THREE feet of snow! Enough for legitimate drifts! Frederick, MD - January, 1996.

Join me next time for whatever it is I find myself in the mood for - providing, of course, that whatever that turns out to be has already been scanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment