Monday, July 20, 2009

A Visit With Grave Digger

Might as well stay present-day for another post to the ol' phloggy-bloggy thing. This one is especially for my little buddy Jonah, who is a good kid, despite the best efforts of his mom. ;) I'm pretty sure at least a couple of my nephews will also appreciate these pictures. Kevin? Peter? Anyway, I'm told that Grave Digger is a legend on the monster truck circuit, and his home shop is on US Route 158 in Poplar Creek, NC. I drive past "Digger's Dungeon" on my way to and from the Outer Banks at least once a year, and this April while on my 2009 birthday cake run for my wife [Maris], I finally had good weather and a few minutes to spare.

The most recent model gets posed on its nose out front.

An older Digger...

... and an even older Digger. Check out the rust!

And now, a word from our sponsor. I suddenly find myself getting thirsty.

I suppose it would be scary if it weren't just so silly. It's fun, though. And isn't that really what it's all about? (Well, that and the Hokey-Pokey, of course.)

Thanks for stopping by!
I'm not sure where to go, next. I don't think I'm quite ready to tackle the 12 zillion lighthouse photos or the material from my thousands of miles of aimless wandering with [Maris] from the past decade. Maybe more local color, trains and a few more critters and pets...

No comments:

Post a Comment