Monday, July 13, 2009

Critters!

I have always found animals to be much easier to photograph than people. Before we move into my extensive collection of bird pics and my ludicrous volumes of panda shots, here are a few other furry (and some not so furry) friends. Above, three sheep in a row - somewhere along Route 15 (or maybe Route 11) in Virginia, 1998.

El Ray ("The King") - St. Thomas, USVI - 1986

Shorty, the cat who came with the house - St. Thomas, USVI - 1986

Elizabeth atop the curtains (and just look at those groovy curtains, too!) - Rockville, MD - 1983 (another rare surviving photo from the instamatic years)

Bubba The Party Snake - Rockville, MD - 2000 (Bubba could sleep for days, but as soon as I got the camera out, he was all over the place)

Sunning Crocodile - Everglades National Park, FL - 1999

M A N T I S !! - Germantown, MD 1995

Pygmy Goat - Point of Rocks, MD - 1998

Um, Grasshopper - Lancaster, VA - 2001

Yep, that's a squirrel. Lake Needwood, MD - 1991

The Southernmost Beach Cat, possibly one of Hemingway's. Either way, the world is his sandbox. Key West - 2002

This is as close as I've ever seen a cat get to actually looking embarrassed. Molly - Rockville, MD - 1997

Finally (for now), Molly fills my old windowsill with her great bulk - Rockville, MD - 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment