Thursday, July 9, 2009

Paradise 101: The Virgin Islands (Part Three)

I have run out of things to say about the US Virgin Islands. After this post, I've pretty much run out of photos of the subject, too. So, until fate once again smiles on me and sends me back to the islands, here's a last look. With the exception of the seaplane taking off in the 1989 shot above, all of these photographs are from my New Year's/Inauguration visit in 1994-1995.

Trunk bay greenery, St. John.

Sailboat as seen through the balcony wall, Bluebeard's Castle, St. Thomas. I see pictures absolutely everywhere.

Charlotte Amalie's waterfront, St. Thomas. There's an inaugural parade down there somewhere.

Cruz Bay, St. John. This is my "one particular harbor."

Two frames of the scene looking away from the setting sun at Sapphire Bay, St. Thomas.

My final (for now) St. Thomas sunset, captured over Water Island from Bluebeard's Castle.

Never can say goodbye. When leaving St. Thomas, always get a window seat on the starboard side of the plane. This view occurs seconds after takeoff and doesn't last long, but it is so very much worth the effort.

Thanks for stopping by!

My poor laptop is just back from the HP hospital, so I'm way behind on my scanning and we still have years to go before I get to the digital stuff. Please bear with me. Lots more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment